Momtographer 365 project

The goal of this blog is to take a picture each day of the year and see where it leads me. I'm doing this for myself as a journal of my journey with my kids over the year and also to force myself to learn to take better photos.

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 50 3-4-11

Strength.  Yesterday I went to see Ninali and her baby at the hospital.  Baby was 8.5 weeks early so she is tiny and in her own little pod.  She is a beauty.  She is doing so well and I am amazed at the strength of this little being.  Children are fighters from the beginning.  I have to post two images today because my little one, Pierce, had to be strong yesterday too.  While taking a bath he somehow managed to cut his chin open and we had to rush him to the emergency room at 8pm.  He did so well.  He did not want to be there, nor did he want the doctor or nurse to touch him, but he did it anyway.  He was so brave he laid still while they put three stitches in his chin with only numbing creme, no shot.  I won't say there was no crying involved, but for a four year old I commend him.  This is our first emergency room visit.  Both Joe and I were a little naive about everything and did not know exactly what to do or where best to take him, just that we needed to go.  Joe took Pierce to Lutheran and I met them there (thanks to Tim for taking me) as soon as my Mom came to sit with Kai.  After taking Kai to the doctor late on Monday (also stressful), seeing Nina's little miracle, hearing about my niece throwing up all night before a flight back home from L.A., and Pierce's visit to the emergency room I can only say that I am extremely thankful that things did not turn out worse.  Everyone has been so brave and strong, especially our little wonders.  As parents I think we managed this week pretty well- we were unusually agreeable and calm.  While I am certainly glad this week is coming to a close, it will be one I remember for a long time and am a better person for living through it.

3 comments:

Tribe J-B said...

Phew.

Connie Tamburini said...

Oh poor Pierce! I'm sure he's glad it's over with. You won't ever forget this episode. You'll be reminding him of this when he's a dad himself.

Anonymous said...

OUCH!!! That's the kind of day that takes a few years off your life :) Glad all is well in the end.