Momtographer 365 project

The goal of this blog is to take a picture each day of the year and see where it leads me. I'm doing this for myself as a journal of my journey with my kids over the year and also to force myself to learn to take better photos.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 17 1-30-11

Depth of field?  I'm having a hard time with a narrow depth of field, but I'm loving playing with my new camera.  Nina helped me out with the camera today while Pierce and PT rode bikes (wish I had gotten my shot while they were here). Here is a shot of Joe and Kai that I took about 5:30pm without a flash ss 1/2.5, f/5.6, ISO800.  I think if I had the aperature a little lower that may have helped, but I was having a hard time getting a close-up that way (which is what I wanted) and my lens only goes to f3.5.  Still learning how to use my camera...try again tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So I talked to Adrienne a little, about how when we zoom in the aperture only lets you go to a certain point...cause I was confused, you know you zoom in but your aperture number is bigger? So she said because of our lenses being zoom lenses they have variable apertures. The best thing to do is open our aperture as wide as possible and us moving closer to the targets is better. I will message you the conversation so you can see it. It was very helpful.